I think we can all agree that some of our best summer memories are created outside! When I think of summer I envision being at the beach with sand between my toes, or family camping trips to Yosemite National Park. I rarely think about staying in my room, or playing solitaire. I look forward to spring every year because I know that the summer sunshine is right around the corner! There is still time to enjoy the great outdoors this summer and here are some fun ideas!
1. Ditch the Treadmill go for A Run Outside – Take a stroll along the beautiful beach, of through the park. Avoid the gym, it smells anyway!
2. Star Gaze and Watch a Film at a Local Park-Showing – Great way to get friends or family together, and try something new!
3. Have a BBQ with Friends – Be sure to make some tuna lettuce wrap or tuna cakes as appetizers!
4. Watch the Sunrise at Your Favorite Beach – Wether you are on holiday in Hawaii, or at the beach down the street; wake extra early, get a cup of coffee, and watch the morning sun rise on the water. Maybe even get a little fishing in?
5. Try a New Workout, Like Yoga in the Park – Even if you are seasoned yogi and this class seems like a breeze, give it a try. At least you will get a tan.
6. Hang a Hammock, Get a Summer Book, and Kick-Back – Found the best summer read? Take it outside, maybe even get a quick snooze.
7. Check Out Your Local Farmer’s Market – My favorite thing to do on Sunday mornings; fuel your body with fresh goodies!