Tuna sandwiches are a popular lunchtime choice, and with good reason, but there are many other easy tuna recipes you can try to jazz up your meals!
Canned tuna is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to add protein to your diet. Also, when you purchase Safe Catch tuna, you can be sure that you’re buying a safer, sustainable tuna.
Adequate tuna fish consumption has been linked to various health benefits, including decreased risk for heart disease and certain cancers. The USDA has documented that most Americans do not meet the threshold for weekly seafood consumption.
If cooking or planning a tuna meal sounds too challenging, we assure you it’s easier than you think. With these easy tuna recipes, canned tuna will easily become your go-to protein:
Easy Tuna Recipes to Jazz Up Any Meal
Canned tuna is a staple in many kitchens. It is inexpensive, protein-packed, and low in fat. What’s more, it’s versatile!
Tuna casserole is great, but sometimes, you need something a little more.
Here are our favorite delicious and easy tuna recipes that are sure to jazz up any meal:
This pizza is like an amped-up tuna melt in a pan, but it may be even tastier. The recipe is quick, straightforward, and perfect for variations to suit everyone’s tastes.
- 1 tbsp olive oil (used in the pan)
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- Your favorite pizza dough
- 2- 5 oz cans of Safe Catch Elite Wild Tuna
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ½ c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- Optional: Hot sauce, green onion for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450℉. Spread olive oil on a pan, then lightly spread cornmeal around the pan.
- Spread pizza dough on top of cornmeal, pressing the dough to the edges of the pan.
- Place dough in the oven and bake for 4 to 5 minutes until it starts to crisp (or adjust according to package instructions).
- While the dough is baking, in a bowl, mix Safe Catch Elite Wild Tuna (Do Not Drain), mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, green onion, and celery until combined, and add salt and pepper to taste. You may wish to add hot sauce at this point.
- Take the crust out of the oven and evenly spread the tuna mixture on top. Add mozzarella cheese and green bell pepper, then return the pizza to the oven.
- Let pizza bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted.
- Allow the pizza to cool for 1 to 2 minutes, and cut it into slices. Top with your favorite hot sauce or green onions before serving.
Ahi Taco Tuna Salad Watermelon Radish Sliders
Elevate your tuna salad with this colorful and fun dish. The watermelon radish tempts the eyes, while the tuna taco topping is delectable. Great as a meal, or wow your guests and serve as a showstopping appetizer.
- 1 to 2 watermelon radish(es) (Depending on size)
- 1- 5 oz can Safe Catch Ahi, Wild Yellowfin Tuna
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp finely diced orange, yellow or red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp finely diced pickled or fresh jalapeños (optional)
- Chopped cilantro and lime zest for garnish
- Optional: Hot sauce, sour cream, or crema for garnish
- Clean radishes well and pat to dry. Slice the radishes to be thick enough to support the taco mix. Place on serving dish.
- Mix Safe Catch Ahi, Wild Yellowfin Tuna (Do Not Drain) with a fork and add to bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, taco seasoning, and lime juice. Combine well.
- Mix in bell peppers and optional jalapeños. Mix until combined.
- Scoop about 1 Tbsp of taco tuna mix onto each watermelon radish round.
- Garnish with fresh lime zest and chopped cilantro, crema/sour cream, and hot sauce.
Tuna and Chickpea Patties
This delicious tuna and chickpea patties recipe is so versatile. Instead of potatoes or breadcrumbs, the mixture includes pureed chickpeas. These are a delightful choice for those who love protein-packed seafood. The tuna and chickpea patties have a nutty flavor that is highlighted by adding cilantro, parsley, and some cumin seeds.
- 1- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2- 5 oz cans of Safe Catch Wild Ahi, Yellowfin Tuna
- 1 to 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small white or yellow onion, or half of a red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 palmful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 palmful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ C. all-purpose flour
- ¾ C. breadcrumbs
- 2 C. vegetable oil, for frying
- Optional: lemon zest to top the tuna patties
For Dipping Sauce:
- 1-½ C. plain yogurt
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 palmful mint, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 lemon, divided into quarters
- Put chickpeas and 1/8 cup of olive oil in a food processor, blender, or similar tool and pulse until they’ve been smashed to a rough consistency; transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add Safe Catch Wild Ahi, Yellowfin Tuna (Do Not Drain), grated carrots, onion, garlic, cilantro, parsley, and sea salt until mixed. Add pepper and red chili flakes for spice.
- Shape the mixture into small patties, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take the patties out of the fridge, coat them in flour, and then cover them with breadcrumbs.
- Add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil to a nonstick frying pan and fry patties until golden brown on each side. Place patties on a paper towel. You may wish to refry the patties if they are too moist. Keeping the shape of the patties is easier when they are crispy.
- For the dipping sauce: combine the yogurt, cucumber, mint, and grated garlic in a bowl. Stir and serve alongside the tuna chickpea patties for dipping or drizzling and lemon slices for squeezing over the patties.
Chili is the ultimate comfort food-so why not take it to the next level with tuna? Packed with protein, this chili is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 4- 5 oz Cans Safe Catch Elite Wild Tuna
- ½ cup each of red, orange, and yellow bell peppers, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp of chili powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 C. of your favorite salsa
- 4 Tbsp of your favorite hot sauce
- 1- 15 oz can of black beans
- 1- 15 oz can of kidney beans
- 1- 15 oz can of pinto beans
- 2- 14.5 oz can of Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Optional: You may wish to use cilantro, jalapeños, sour cream/crema, shredded cheese, and hot sauce for garnishing and serve with crusty bread or tortilla chips
- Place all dry spices in a stock pot or dutch oven, and put it on the stove over medium heat. Toast the spices just until fragrant.
- Add olive oil to the pot, followed by yellow onion and bell peppers, stirring to combine the spices with the onions and peppers, and cook until the onions soften and become translucent.
- Open the cans of Safe Catch Elite Wild Tuna (do not drain), and, using a fork, flake the tuna until the liquid is absorbed by the tuna and mix into the pot.
- Add the cans of beans, the diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Add salsa and hot sauce.
- Stir all of the ingredients together until combined
- Set the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for at least 15 minutes.
French Toasted Tuna Sandwiches
French Toasted Tuna Sandwiches are a yummy twist on the classic tuna sandwich. The tuna sandwich is battered and then fried, offering the perfect crunch for any time of day. These sandwiches are perfect on their own or paired with a bowl of soup or salad.
- 1- 5 oz can of Safe Catch Wild Albacore Tuna
- 1/3 C. celery, finely chopped
- ¼ C. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices of good bread
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ C. milk
- 3 to 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- In a bowl, combine the Safe Catch Wild Albacore Tuna, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Mix with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- Spread tuna mixture on 4 slices of bread. Place remaining slices of bread on top, and cut the sandwiches in half.
- Mix eggs with ½ tsp of salt and milk in a large bowl.
- Briefly dunk the sandwich halves in the egg mixture.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Place the sandwich halves in the pan until they’re golden brown on both sides.
Cajun Tuna Melt Cauliflower Steaks
These cauliflower steaks pack a protein-filled punch. Filled with flavor, they are a great way to enjoy a healthy, low-carb meal that everyone will enjoy.
- 2 large cauliflower steaks (sliced from a head of cauliflower)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 packets of Safe Catch Cajun Elite Wild Tuna.
- 1 ½ Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- ½ C. of your favorite shredded cheese
- Fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut large cauliflower steaks from the cauliflower head with a sharp knife. Trim off any leaves and pieces with the knife, too.
- Place cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly brush with oil.
- Bake cauliflower steaks for 15 to 20 minutes (should be slightly soft)
- Add both packets of undrained Safe Catch Cajun Elite Wild Tuna to a mixing bowl and use a fork to mash the tuna together for the salad.
- Mix mayonnaise, minced onion, salt, and pepper and incorporate evenly.
- Spread tuna mixture onto the baked cauliflower steaks and top with cheese.
- Return the steaks to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes; the cheese should be melted and bubbling.
- Gently use a spatula to remove the cauliflower steaks from the baking sheet. Let cool and top with chopped chives.
Why Safe Catch Tuna?
Tuna is a convenient, healthy, and affordable food that contains plenty of nutrients, making it the ideal ingredient for any meal. If you want more easy tuna recipes (or recipes for canned salmon, mackerel, or sardines), visit our recipes page!
When looking for a tuna brand, it’s crucial to find one that prioritizes safety and sustainability.
Not only does Safe Catch test every single tuna and salmon for mercury levels stricter than the FDA action limit, but we also partner with the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) to ensure that our tuna and salmon always comes from sustainable fisheries, using only sustainable fishing methods.
We take great care to produce a product you can feel good about eating. And, with our commitment to flavor, we know you’ll never be disappointed.