Whole30 Tuna No-Noodle Casserole
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hr 15
Submitted by: Leslie McDonald
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1 can Safe Catch Tuna (any flavor)
- 1 Tbsp. cooking fat (avocado oil, ghee, coconut oil)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk, full fat
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup plantain chips, crushed
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Cook your spaghetti squash (instant pot, microwave or oven are all options to do this).
- Once it is cooked, sliced it in half, scoop out the threads and use a fork to shred the squash into strands.
- Place the spaghetti squash strands into a baking dish.
- While the squash is cooking, make your cream of mushroom sauce – heat a medium pot over medium heat and add the cooking fat.
- Once it’s hot, add the onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk to the pot, lower the heat to low and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes (stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn).
- Once the cream of mushroom sauce is finished cooking add it to the baking dish with the spaghetti squash.
- Add the canned Safecatch Foods tuna to the baking dish and mix everything until it is well combined and the sauce and tuna are evenly spread throughout the dish.
- Top the casserole with the crushed plantain chips and then place in the oven to cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to cool so the sauce settles before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!