Safe Catch Paleo Tuna Green Chili Zoodle Casserole
Serving Size: 6-7
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prepared by: Lindsay Cotter of Cotter Crunch
- Three 6-7 in zucchini
- Two 5 oz cans of Safe Catch Elite tuna (Don’t drain, no oil or water added)
- 4 oz of diced green chiles (no additive canned works)
- 1/2 cup real mayo with olive oil or we use Primal Kitchen Chipotle Mayo (no additives or sugar added) *add 1/4 c more if you want extra creamy
- 2 tbsp chopped chives (plus extra for topping)
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt of choice or natural sea salt with dehydrated garlic or onion added (primal palate has a great selection)
- 1 tbsp organic mustard (spicy or regular without added sugar. Annie’s Organics Whole30)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 14 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (peeled)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour or tapioca starch (Almond flour works too but does not hold together as well as other flours)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk orcream without additives (see notes for alternatives)
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper or red pepper flakes
- Parsley to garnish (optional)
- Wash and clean your veggies.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Oil a 9x 13 shallow casserole dish. Set aside.
- Ribbon cut or spiralize your zucchini into noodles. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine your tuna (drained), mayo, mustard, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Oil a medium skillet. Add in your onion and celery and seasoning of choice. Cook for about 6 minutes so medium or until onion brown a bit.
- Next add your coconut flour and milk to the skillet. Stir together with the celery and onion mix until no longerclumpy.
- Add your zucchini noodles to the skillet and toss all together. Cover and let the noodles and mix together for 1 or 2 minutes on medium heat until zucchini is softened but not thoroughly cooked. Don’t let it get soggy!!
- Remove skillet from heat and pour contents into a large bowl.
- Mix your tuna/green chile mix in the same large bowl (with the zoodles/milk/onion mix).
- Toss everything together.
- Pour mix from the large bowl into your casserole dish. Top with extra seasoning of choice.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Broil last minute or so to make crispier edges.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with optional parsley and red chili pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately. Keeps well in sealed container in fridge for up to 1 week. Freezes for up to 6 weeks but will contain extra water once thawed out (I add more flour or fresh zucchini).
At Safe Catch, we are on a mission to provide consumers with pure and delicious seafood, while also protecting purity in our oceans, lakes, and rivers.