Sweet Potato and Salmon Poppers
- 2 cans Safe Catch Wild Pink Salmon, drained (This recipe uses no salt added salmon)
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil, ghee or cooking oil of choice
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- With clean hands or a spoon, mix the ingredients together until everything is evenly blended.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Using a heaping tablespoon or a small cookie scoop, portion out the salmon mixture. Form portions into balls and slightly flatten a bit before adding them to the hot skillet.
- Cook each side for about 5 minutes or until a crust starts to form and popper firmly holds together.
- Enjoy warm with your favorite dipping sauce (I love them with ranch dressing) or store cooled leftovers in fridge for up to 4 days.