Safe Catch Tuna Croquettes with Grilled Romaine Salad
- 2 cans Safe Catch Elite tuna (Don’t drain, no oil or water added)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup frozen spinach
- 1 T. almond meal plus ¼ cup for dredging
- 3 T. raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3-4 heads of romaine lettuce
- 2 T. avocado oil
- pinch of salt
- Your favorite Whole30 compliant ranch dressing (this one is Whole30 Approved, or you can make your own)
- EMPTY the tuna from the can. Thaw the spinach and squeeze out the excess water. Gently mix together the tuna, spinach, almond meal, sunflower seeds, and seasonings in a bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator, allowing to chill for at least 20 minutes.
- POUR the almond meal onto a plate. Carefully form the mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball. Gently roll each ball in the almond meal until fully coated. Heat 1-2 T. avocado oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the balls for 7-9 minutes, turning occasionally until browned on all sides.
- CUT each head of lettuce in half lengthwise. Trim off the browned bottom and any loose leaves. Brush the inside lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill face down for about 4-5 minutes or until beginning to brown, flipping once.
- PLATE each salad and dress with Whole30 compliant Ranch dressing.
At Safe Catch, we are on a mission to provide consumers with pure and delicious seafood, while also protecting purity in our oceans, lakes, and rivers.