TUNA PIZZA BITES
- 1 can of Safe Catch Elite Tuna
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 12-count mini muffin tin. Sprinkle a dusting of grated parmesan cheese in the bottom of each muffin cup indentation.
- Open can of 5oz Elite Tuna and empty everything into a medium mixing bowl, including the vital oils in the can. Use a fork to flake the tuna, then add 3 eggs and 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste. Next add the dry spices, with ¼ cup of quick oats, half of the mozzarella cheese and the remaining grated parmesan. Hand mix with a fork until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Use a spoon to place the pizza bite mixture into the 12 mini muffin tin cups, about a heaping Tablespoon into each
- Initial Bake time is 12 minutes, then remove and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese to top each pizza bit.
- Return to oven for 4 – 6 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted or slightly browned.
- Remove the pizza bites from the oven and cool for a few minutes, then use a table knife to remove each bite and place on a cookie rack. Then count how long it takes before you or the kids dive into this delicious protein based snack that happens to be gluten free.