Safe Catch Tuna Pot Pie
- 1 cup almond flour + some extra for rolling dough out
- 1 large egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound russet potatoes, divided (peeled and cut into 1/2″ dice)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cans (20 oz) of Safe Catch tuna (I used albacore). Don’t drain, no oil or water added.
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl combine 1 cup almond flour, 1 egg white, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon thyme and 1/2 teaspoon rosemary. Stir with a wooden spoon or hands until it comes together in a ball. On a flat surface like a counter or cutting board, sprinkle with almond flour then roll the dough out with a rolling pin (or bottle of wine :)) into 1/4 inch thickness. Cut circles out with a cookie cutter or lid for something. Set aside.
- Please check out Kelsey’s blog for the rest of the recipe!