Safe Catch Tuna Pot Pie
- 1 cup almond flour + some extra for rolling dough out
- 1 large egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound russet potatoes, divided (peeled and cut into 1/2″ dice)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cans (20 oz) of Safe Catch tuna (I used albacore). Don’t drain, no oil or water added.
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl combine 1 cup almond flour, 1 egg white, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon thyme and 1/2 teaspoon rosemary. Stir with a wooden spoon or hands until it comes together in a ball. On a flat surface like a counter or cutting board, sprinkle with almond flour then roll the dough out with a rolling pin (or bottle of wine :)) into 1/4 inch thickness. Cut circles out with a cookie cutter or lid for something. Set aside.
- Please check out Kelsey’s blog for the rest of the recipe!
Our mission is to provide consumers with pure and delicious seafood, while also protecting purity in our oceans, lakes, and rivers.
Contact Safe Catch
85 Liberty Ship Way, Suite 203 Sausalito, CA 94965 USA