Veggie Packed Salmon Meatballs with Orange Teriyaki Glaze
Serving Size: 4
Total Time: 30 Min
Submitted by: FitMittenKitchen
- 2 5oz cans Safe Catch Wild Pink Salmon
- 1 small zucchini, shredded – 3/4 cup lightly packed, water squeezed out
- 1 medium carrot, shredded – 3/4 cup lightly packed
- 2/3 cup almond meal (or flour)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
ORANGE TERIYAKI SAUCE
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or tamari/soy sauce if not paleo)
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 TBS ginger paste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp tapioca flour + 2 tsp water
OPTION TO SERVE WITH
- zucchini noodles
- sweet potato noodles
- salad greens
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl empty cans of salmon (do not drain), mix well with fork to reincorporate the juices.
- Add shredded zucchini (make sure you’ve squeezed water out), shredded carrots, almond flour, egg, spices and salt. Mix well with fork until thoroughly combined.
- Using medium cookie scoop, scoop mixture making sure to pack in before releasing. Roll into even ball between hands then place on baking sheet. Leave room between meatballs – you should get about 20 golf-sized meatballs.
- Bake salmon meatballs for 22-25 minutes, flipping over at 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: in a small pot over medium heat bring orange juice, coconut aminos, vinegar, minced garlic and ginger paste to a boil then reduce to simmer for 15 minutes. In a small bowl whisk together tapioca flour with water, then pour into pot while whisking continuously. The sauce should now thicken to a glaze.
- Once meatballs are done transfer to shallow bowl and pour glaze over meatballs.
- Serve immediately with your choice of zoodles, sweet potatoes, cauliflower rice or greens. Enjoy!